Vancouver will have more than 15,500 tech job openings between now and 2019, a recent report shows, which will intensify an already competitive job market that has companies fighting to attract new talent and keep employees from heading south of the border. Continue reading
An excerpt from the article Why Scientists and Engineers Must Learn Programming by Phillip Guo on BLOG@CACM:
Over the past few years, many scientists and engineers have ranted to me about how furious they are that nobody made them learn programming back in high school or college. They now realize how much more productive they could be at work if they had developed those skills earlier.
Based on these conversations, I’ve come up with three reasons why scientists and engineers must learn programming:
- You can work 10 times faster by writing computer programs to automate tedious tasks (such as data cleaning and integration) that you would otherwise need to do by hand. If you know how to program, computer-related tasks that used to take you a week to finish will now take only a few hours. Continue reading
Did you know that three out of the top ten professions are directly related to information and computing technology (ICT) according to Forbes.com?
To get into an ICT-related career, you must get proper education and training. By taking this course, you have taken one step closer to this great career but additional education and training at the post-secondary level is required.
For this assignment, you will create a one-page video game review. You may choose any PC or console game of your choice. This excludes mobile, handheld and web-browser games. Imagine that this game review is part of a printed magazine. As long as you use the entire page, you may design the layout any way you wish, write as much as you wish, or use as many relevant graphics as needed. It is advisable to read about how to write a game review and check out examples (some game sites are blocked).
This assignment will be marked holistically: visual and text as a whole. Make sure you check your spelling and grammar. You may work with a partner as long as you two agree to evenly split the work.
Due: Sunday, May 4, 2014 (a.k.a. Star Wars day).
Part 1. Create a class called BankAccount without a main method. It should have the following properties:
1. Two private state variables:
- double balance … This is how much money is currently in the account.
- String name …The name of the person owning the account.
2. One constructor that accepts two parameters:
- One should be a double variable that is used to initialize the state variable balance.
- The other should be a String that is used to initialize the state variable name.
Not all jobs are created equal. In fact, some are simply better than the rest. U.S. News and World Report has recently published the 100 Best Jobs of 2014. The top 100 list considers employment opportunity, salary and benefits, manageable work-life balance and job security.
More videos available: facebook.com/windermere.electives.